CAFTC Logo

Author Topic: ChairGun Pro The Ultimate Pellet Trajectory Software  (Read 3645 times)

FTguy

• Administrator
ChairGun Pro The Ultimate Pellet Trajectory Software
« on: December 16, 2009, 06:50:04 PM »
This is a free download that is well worth looking at...  8)

ChairGun Pro
The Ultimate Pellet Trajectory Software

For those who wish to delve a little deeper into airgun or rim-fire ballistics, we present ChairGun Pro. Based on the highly successful ChairGun2, the interface has now been redesigned to make it more intuitive and easier to use. ChairGun Pro uses modern, accurate ballistic functions to instantly give you the essential data that you need.

Here's their Link....  http://www.chairgun.com/
Shoot Safely, Shoot Often & Share Your Sport!

BCGunner

Re: ChairGun Pro The Ultimate Pellet Trajectory Software
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2009, 12:11:02 PM »
I have tried Chairgun Pro, but I find I still go back to Chairgun2 as I find it easier to use. The other fun one to play with is the Hawke Ballistic Reticle Calculator. It has a nice scope label feature.

Photoguy2910

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2009, 07:48:25 PM »
I have to be honest and say I haven't tried any of these programes... I still prefer to go out and shoot at paper targets

FTguy

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2009, 01:11:18 AM »
I was shown how to use Chairgun in combination with shooting paper to help squeeze out more potential accuracy from my shooters...
What you effectively have is a tool for creating charts that plot the POA to POI for specified distances .... Really is worth looking into.... ;)

powderkeg

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 08:40:59 PM »
Is there a link &/or is it available for MAC ?

FTguy

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 09:44:39 PM »
Is there a link &/or is it available for MAC ?

I think pumpmaster just went through this and is making a purchase of a notebook computer to dedicate for this purpose....  ::a_whyme::

I don't use a MAC, but you may want to look into this bit of software.... Virtual PC for Mac

If you decide to give it a go, please give other MAC user the benefit of your feedback... 8)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 07:58:05 PM by FTguy »

pumpmaster

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2010, 11:41:59 PM »
I still haven't purchased that netbook I was talking about...I've been using Brad Troyer's online trajectory calculator.  I only use the software as a starting point anyways, so I'm thinking it might be enough.
The reviews on the PC emulator software are very negative, so I'm not inclined to download it anytime soon.
If any Mac users come up with another option, post it up!

powderkeg

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2010, 05:40:04 PM »
I may look into Microsoft Virtual PC when I can spare some limited time to configure the software, I was able to set up Microsoft messenger to integrate with the wife's P.C. when she got that, so will probably explore the possibilities of virtual pc.
 When Mac OS X came out, the compatibility with PC software gained some improvement, so it may be worth the effort to be able to use chairgun, & possibly other applications.
 If I find something easy enough, I'll let you all know.
 :)

CAFTA Logo
LayerOnlineCAFTA Logo